IT Networking is critical and an important part of any organisation’s IT Set up. As an IT Support company, we come across several types of frequent challenges that an IT Administrator has to face every day. Some are some with respect to Network and Server.
- Physical network configuration is not flexible
- End user pressure to enable access to corporate information from a variety of devices.
- Flat or shrinking IT budgets even as business expectations increase.
- Bandwidth over usage and network throttling
- Workloads tied to underlying hardware configurations
- Configuration changes are manual and cumbersome
- Diverse network infrastructure requires vendor-specific management and control
- Greater VM mobility and density difficult to achieve
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 is a complete solution to address all major networking issues with the following capabilities.
- Server Virtualization
- Server Management and Automation
- web & application
- Access an information protection
- Virtual desktop infrastructure
Windows Server 2012 R2 delivers;
Software-defined network infrastructure:
- Hyper-V Network Virtualization and multi-tenant site-to-site VPN gateway inbox
- Standards-based switch configuration
- Single root I/O virtualization with support for live migration and HA
- NIC teaming with increased load-balancing performance
Improved manageability and diagnostics.
- Resource metering
- Virtual IP address management
- QoS management
- DNS traffic management
Now that Windows Azure compliments Windows Server for Cloud capabilities, this combination is unbeatable and offers the following:
- High-performance storage on industry- standard hardware
- Multi-tenant environments with isolation
- Software-defined networking
- Policy based automation
- Application elasticity
Hyper-V Extensible Switch
- Extends virtual switch functionality by adding switch extensions
- Provides open platform supporting third-party plug-ins to add functionality
- Lets customers manage virtual network the same way they would manage a physical network
- Helps monitor the security of virtual machine to virtual machine traffic
- Provides unified management and enforcement of plug-ins with Virtual Machine Manager across entire datacenter
- Includes NDIS filter drivers, WFP callout drivers, Ingress filtering, Destination lookup and forwarding and Egress filtering extensions