SharePoint 2013 – what’s new
What’s new in SharePoint 2013 Architecture
Although In general model logic has stayed same as in previous version, still numerous platform level improvements and new capabilities have been introduced in SharePoint 2013 Architecture some of which are mentioned below:
- Shredded Storage
- SQL Improvements
- Cache Service
- Request Management (Optimize Web app)
- New Search Architecture
Hardware requirement for the farm remains the same as SP2010, however more RAM can be a good add-value.
- SQL use same requirement as SP2010-SQL
- SQL 2012 RTM (Not RC or Beta) allows last features of BI and all-ways on.
- Server 2008 R2-SP1 is a minimum
- SQL 2008 R2-SP1 is a minimum
- .NET 4.0 and 4.5