Designing your web site in SharePoint 15
Designing your site in SharePoint 15 has never been that easy with the latest version. Creating and updating designs no longer requires deep SharePoint expertise. You simply upload your Sketches, HTML and CSS files to SP 15 and can easily design various web parts easily with minimal effort. Design manager is a great tool for assisting uploading templates and modifying them on-fly. In addition, the Web Content Management offers a lot of existing features including:
- Supporting lots of 3rd party existing tools
- Variations & Content automatic Translation
- Search Engine Optimization
- Cross Site Publishing
- Video & Embedding
- Image renditions
- Clean Urls (no more /pages)
- Metadata navigation over site collection.
Social gets a big boost in SharePoint 2013
There has been a great boost to Social in SharePoint 2013 with new features that improve and facilitate the enterprise social activities within the organization:
- Follow people as well as content (documents, sites, tags)
- Share personal documents easily and keep track of access
- Keep up-to-date with activities of interest
- Company Feeds
- Compatible across various mobile devices
- Content can be accessed from everywhere
- Offline capabilities integrated with Office Products and Windows
SharePoint 2013 provides a single place for users to create, share, collaborate and follow important documents. My sites have a single document library that can be user for private document as well as documents shared with others. As far as Offline Libraries are concerned, SP 2013 provides quick and easy access to Document Libraries in the familiar Windows Explorer experience.
- Makes your documents accessible online, offline or in-between and your changes are automatically synced
- Syncs libraries across multiple devices
- Overlays on files and folders so you can easily tell if your content is in sync.
SP 2013 has really worked hard when it comes to Business Intelligence especially Excel Services or Excel related functionalities.
- Improved data exploration
- Field List and Field Well Support
- Calculated Measures and Members
- Enhanced Timeline Controls
- easily create simple forms forms for collecting entries which are stored in excel/li>
- Access Forms engine in back ground/li>