Window Server 2012 Support, Installation
There’s never been a better time to modernize your business
Still running Windows Server 2003 or 2008? Windows Server 2012 R2 delivers capabilities far beyond previous versions, including improved performance, simplified management, and more affordable storage choices. With end of support for older versions of Windows Server coming in 2015, now is the time to upgrade to ensure continuous security, compatibility, and performance.
Windows Server 2012 Support and Deployment
Microsoft has released it’s highly anticipated Windows Server 2012 (Windows 8) this year. Although is a release version, a formal worldwide launch is being is being done on September 14, 2012. Windows 2012 follows Windows 2008 R2, which was one of the bestselling sever product from Microsoft Stable due to its agility and Scalability. Windows 2012 comes with host of new features and improvements including better User Interface, new task manager, IP address management, Hyper V, Improved reliability for on-disk structures and host of unique features compatible to Virtualization and Cloud Computing.
Synergy IT as an Authorized Reseller
Windows 2012 is being launched through Microsoft’s reseller’s partners worldwide. Synergy IT is one of the leading IT Solutions Company based in Toronto. Being an Authorized Microsoft Certified partner, we offer complete Support for Windows Server 2012. Windows 2012 is recommended on the following server Configuration
- Intel® Xeon® Processors with Intel 64 architecture
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD64) Opteron™ Series Processors
We can assist you for complete Support for Win Server 2012 right from choosing a suitable hardware configuration to installation and Deployment.
As per Microsoft statement, Windows Server 2012 will come in just 4 SKUs. This clearly focus their intend towards socket count and virtualization capabilities. To learn more about the capabilities of Windows 2012 towards Virtualization, please visit our Blog article “Windows Server 2012 puts Virtualization in the Spotlight.”
- Professional Windows Server 2012 Support
- Server deployment
- Application Installation
- Buy Server 2012
- Buy Server 2012
- Licensing & Pricing for Windows Server 2012
Windows Server 2012 Licensing & Pricing
The Licensing Model has 2 editions, Standard and Datacenter
As per Microsoft Licensing Release, Standard and Datacenter editions offers same set of features; only difference being the number of Virtual Machines (VMs). With a Standard edition license, you can run up to two VMs on up to two processors (subject to the VM use rights outlined in the Product Use Rights document) while for a Datacenter edition license, you can run an unlimited number of VMs on up to two processors.
How do I calculate the number of licenses I need for a Server
The number of licenses you will need depends on the number of physical processors on the server and the number of server instances that you will be running. Please note that this condition is applicable only for Standard edition as Data-center edition allows for unlimited VMs. The larger of these two numbers determines the number of total licenses required. Here are some examples:
- You have a 2-processor server. 2 physical processors / 2 (number of processors covered by a license) equals 1. You will need one license to cover a 2-processor server.
- You have a 4-processor server. 4 physical processors / 2 (number of processors covered by a license) equals 2. You will need two licenses to cover a 4-processor server.
Will there be next version of Windows Small Business Server 2011 Standard
No. Windows Small Business Server 2011 Standard, which includes Exchange Server and Windows server component products, will be the final such Windows Server offering.
Already Have Windows SBS 2011 Essentials?
- If you already have Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials with Software Assurance, you will receive one Windows server 2012 Essentials License. This is subject to your Software assurance agreement.
- If you have Software Assurance on Small Business Server 2011 Standard edition, you will receive one Windows Server 2012 Standard edition license and one Exchange Server Standard 2010 license.
- If you have Software Assurance on Small Business Server 2011 Premium Add-on edition, you will receive one Windows Server 2012 Standard edition license and one SQL Server 2012 Standard edition license.